Whatever your reason for abandoning your empty home, you’re setting yourself up for a financial setback. If you’re waiting for that perfect offer, perhaps it’s time to consider a different strategy.
The Risks of Owning a Vacant Home
Depending on your neighborhood and community, your home could lose value for a number of reasons.
- Vacant homes are a magnet for crime and vandalism.
- Animals find their way inside and settle in because there’s no one there to make them leave.
- Even though no one lives there, you must still pay the mortgage, the water bill, and the energy bills.
- You’ll have to pay a landscaper to prevent your yard from looking like a jungle.
- Your home will deteriorate without proper maintenance.
- Your insurance company might refuse to insure your vacant home. If you left your existing homeowners policy in place, they might refuse to pay any claims you submit.
- If you purchase homeowners vacancy insurance, it usually excludes vandalism and glass breakage, two of the losses most likely to happen while your home is vacant.
- A home that remains vacant brings home values down throughout your neighborhood.
You can leave your home on the market
If you don’t mind paying for two homes indefinitely, you can continue waiting for the right buyer. You shouldn’t be surprised if your realtor has a difficult time making the sale. A vacant home just doesn’t have the same warm attraction as an occupied home. It leaves buyers wondering what’s wrong with it and why did you leave.
Even if a buyer comes along the day your inherited home hits the market, you’ll have to wait for the closing. With inspections, and evaluations, title searches, and buyer’s mortgage company reviews, your closing will take a minimum of 30 days.
We Have a Different Solution
At Nemo Cash For Homes, we have a Fast & Fair solution for your vacant home problem. We will buy your house and save you time, money, and real estate fees. We make it easy.
- Our home buyer inspects your home.
- We make an offer.
- You make the decision to sell.
- We close in as few as 7 days.
- We buy your vacant home and you walk away with cash.
WE BUY HOUSES IN ANY SITUATION:
- Trouble Selling
- Behind on Payments
- Owe Taxes
- No Equity
- Bad Tenants
- Listing Expired
- Death of a loved one
- Liquidating assets
- Inherited property
- Job loss
- Bad mortgage
- Medical Bills
- Extensive repairs
- Structural issues
- Bad neighborhood
- Code Violations
- Fire Damage
- Condemned Property
- Ugly House
- Environmental Issues
- Title Issues
- And More
Need To Sell Your Home Fast? Expensive Holding Costs?
Learn More About Our Fair & Fast Cash Buyout
At Nemo Cash For Homes, we buy homes regardless of the condition. If you can’t wait months to sell your home and you don’t want pay a huge real estate commission, complete the information form below or call us at 845-219-1011.